Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tongue Twistering


I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.

How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Did you read the sentences above? Do you find it is difficult to read it fluently? Do you felt you tongue feels like being twisted when you read it? Yes? Well, that is tongue twister. It is a form of sentences which have almost the same pronunciation but actually its not the same. And the tongue twister above were presented in our class and my classmate did the "Tongue Twistering" correctly. *After being corrected and taught by us helped by Madam Ira

The focus of this activity is to make our pronunciation better and I find it is very hard. My tongue always slip and resulting the word that I am about to pronoun being pronounced wrongly. And yea, sometimes we found its funny to produce sounds that we don't expect.
Phonetic alphabets

What do I learn from this activity to learn to pronoun correctly. Yea, phonetic knowledge really help. I just need to check the word in dictionary and just check the transcription of that word. But of course you need to know the transcription letter first.

I believe, as a teacher which is a role model to our students, we should know how to pronoun correctly. Our students will follow the way we pronoun. So, if your students pronoun wrongly, you better check your way of pronouncing word before you put your blame on them.


We also enjoy the activity a lot. We make the pronouncing into a rhyme while clapping our hand to the tempo. I am planning to do the same activity with my students whenever I have the chances to do so in the future. I believe they will enjoy the "Tongue Twistering" activity more in this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment