Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am a puppet but almost alive as human


Hi, have you act before? If yes, that's good to hear. Well, I have act before to. Not in drama or in TV shows, it just happen inside my dear class. Yea, I should say I am not good at acting. I will freeze as ice and forgeting every dialogue I have remembered all night long. Yea, I do look like a puppet when it comes to acting session.


But, from this activity, actually I've learn to act, maybe I am not the best actor YET, but I can feel that I've loosen up a bit. I also learn on how to control the thrill by breathe in a lot.*Of course not in front of audiences.

From this activity to, I've learned to pronounce correctly. Thanks to Bro Hubert. I've also learned to act and make facial expression and practice my non verbal communication to make my act more effective. I admit, I still looks like a puppet but I am proud of myself as I still there to act until the end of our show. 

All these new experiences I've learned I believe will help me to be a better teacher. Thanks to Madam Ira. She knows how to make her class more interactive by giving make everyone to act. I believe practical is better than reading a theory alone. One more skill I've learned from IPGKS MIRI is to include a practical session in class rather than just depending on theory alone. It will be more effective and student will better prepare for their real life communication if we looks from the benefits that we gain from this activity. 

Now, I want to share our dialogue to all of you readers. Enjoy!


Housewarming Party
Scene 1: Invitation on the phone
Scene 2: Arrival at the house
Scene 3: Meal Time

Scene 1: Invitation on the phone
Inaz:
Hello Hubert, it’s Inaz speaking.
Hubert:
Oh, Hi Inaz!
Inaz:
Yeah, it’s been awhile. How’ve you been? (to enquire)
Hubert:
Not too bad, thanks. And you?
Inaz:
I’m fine thanks. I’m calling because I wanted to tell you that I have moved to a new house just last month and I’m planning a housewarming party this Saturday evening. (to inform)
Hubert:
Oh that’s great! Where is your house? (to enquire)
Inaz:
Well, my house is in the Ocean Park residential area. I will text you the address and the information about the party. (to inform)
Hubert:
I see. I would love to come and celebrate you moving into your new house. Thanks for the invite! (to express gratitude)
Inaz:
It’s no big deal. Also, can you invite Muslim and Nisa also as I don’t have their phone numbers. I would like them to come seeing that we were quite a fun group during our time in the IPG. (to reminisce)
Hubert:
Sure thing. Those were good times indeed. I’ll let them know as soon as you’ve texted me your address.
Inaz:
Thanks Hubert. Anyway , I’ve got to go. It was nice talking to you. See you at the party then! Bye.
Hubert:
No problem. I’ll see you at the party! Bye.

Scene 2: Arrival at the house.
Muslim:
Assalamualaikum.
Inaz:
Walaikumusalam.  Hi Muslim, please come in.
Hubert:
Hello Inaz! (To greet)
Inaz:
Oh hello! You’re here with Mus I see. Is Nisa with you?
Nisa:
Hello Inaz. Yes I came with them as I didn’t know the way here. Thank goodness they wanted to pick me up.
Muslim:
It’s not a problem Nisa, what are friends for right? (to reflect)
Hubert:
Yeah. Wow, it smells really good in here, and your house looks superb! (to give praise/ admire)
Inaz:
Thanks Hubert. I did some renovations and tinkered with the interior design. I had my fiancé help me with the furniture choice. (to inform)
Nisa:
Talking about fiancé, where is the lucky guy? (to inquire)
Inaz:
Erm, he’s with his sister in the kitchen helping out with the cooking.
Hubert:
That’s interesting. You’ve got a man that cooks.
Inaz:
It’s all in God’s hands. I am blessed to have him. Here he comes now. (to show gratitude)
Fiancé:
Well hello there.
Hubert, Muslim and Nisa:
What?! (to express wonder)

Scene 3: Meal Time
Nisa:
I can’t believe that _________ is engaged to you. We  never expected that!
Inaz
I never expected it too. I suppose that’s what jodoh is all about.
Muslim
I’m happy for you Inaz. I also agree with Hubert that your house looks splendid.
Nisa:
Yeah, I admire you Inaz. You’ve done well. (to compliment)
Hubert
I agree. And the food your fiancé cooked tastes really good! (to compliment)
All
(Laughs) You never change, Hubert.

No comments:

Post a Comment